Curtin Careers Fair 2017 is fast approaching and, although you are a pretty savvy bunch, here are five no-no’s to watch out for when you head along (as vouched for by careers fair veterans and seasoned exhibitors).
- Rocking up without putting a bit of thought into who you want to visit. It’s super easy to be prepared – jump onto the Careers For Tomorrow event page and scroll through the exhibitor profiles, making sure you check for the types of students they are looking for and visa requirements etc.
- Rolling out of bed, into your car and to the Fair. Put a bit of effort into your appearance – a suit isn’t required, but dress smartly.
- Bringing along a resume that isn’t up to a professional standard. Visit our website for tips on how you can improve your resume. You can also bring your resume along to be checked on the day by a member of our team.
- Being unprepared. Make sure you have researched the companies you want to visit – don’t ever ask ‘So…what does your company do?’
- Grabbing and dashing. Yes, there are freebies. Yes, some of these freebies are lollies. Try to show a little self restraint and engage with the company representatives at the same time as clearing them out of their freebie stocks.
This year’s careers fair promises to be one of the biggest ever, with over 100 exhibitors confirmed recruiting across all of Curtin’s faculties. Be sure to visit on Thursday 2 March 2017 at Curtin Stadium between 11am – 2pm. If you are unable to join us in person we will be providing a host of content for you to get the most out of the event right here on Careers for Tomorrow, and also on our social media channels including live video on Facebook.