In partnership with industry and employers, from the 5-16 May, the Careers & Employment Centre will be focusing on a series of events targeting the specific career needs of coursework and research postgrads.
In response to a survey that we undertook with postgraduate students last year, we’ve put together a program of events and workshops to support the career needs of Curtin postgrads. Here is a preview of what’s on offer:
- Discover career options after your postgrad program through Q&A’s, case studies and networking events – featuring both academic and non-academic pathways. Includes an ‘after 5’ networking event with employers for postgrads in Perth CBD (15th May 5.30-7.30pm)
- Learn about yourself and how your interests, values, skills and experiences influence your career decisions
- Find out about career options for international postgrads looking to work in Australia (8th May 6-7.30pm)
- Attend the session being delivered by the Department of Training and Workforce Development on Labour Market Trends for WA (14th May 12-2)
- Workshops on resume writing, personal branding, interview techniques, job search strategies and LinkedIn.
- Meet your careers team, here to support your specific career planning needs as Curtin postgraduate students (5th May 10-11.30am – free morning tea)
Where possible, events will be iLectured, so if you are unable to get on to campus you will still be able to benefit from the various sessions on offer (when permission from external speakers has been granted to record the session).
For more information about all of the events happening during the fortnight visit Careers and Employment Centre Events via CareerHub. Book early to avoid disappointment.
You can also stay in touch and receive updates via Facebook, we look forward to seeing you soon!