Getting ‘Work Ready’ is about finding ways throughout your degree to boost your skills and experience, improving your chances of getting the job you want and avoiding an epic job hunt upon graduation.
So as much as ‘preparation’ may seem like a tedious notion, it’s really the theme of this event…
We’re now 13 days from the event, and in addition to advice on all the ways to get ‘Work Ready’ in the long run, we’ll also be covering specific ways to prepare for the event (and your job hunt) right now.
Top Event Prep Tips:
- Think about what you want. What would you like to gain from the event? Is there anyone you’d really like to talk to? What do you want from your career? What doors are you expecting your degree to open? How could you get closer to your career goals in the next year?
- Research. Sounds boring doesn’t it? But, if you know who’s attending and what they do, it will help you achieve what you want.
- Get your resume ready. There’ll be opportunities to get individual feedback from career consultants and industry representatives.
- Sharpen up your interpersonal skills. This is essentially a networking event – it’s a great opportunity to make an awesome first impression!
- Check your Facebook profile… If you make a great impression in person, don’t let it be ruined by less than desirable profile pics…
Stay in touch for more info and don’t forget to RSVP on Facebook to go in the running to win a $100 Myer voucher!