New graduates are facing one of the toughest job markets in years, leaving many to ask themselves “How can I make myself more employable?”
Employers are looking not only for grads with the right qualification, but also for individuals who stand apart from the dozens, or even hundreds, of others that might apply for an advertised position. The key word here is ‘employability,’ a term used to describe a set of achievements, understandings and personal attributes that make individuals more likely to gain employment and to be successful in their chosen occupation.
One way you might consider to enhance your own employability is to complete a custom-made program like the Employability Award offered right here at Curtin University. It is a Curtin Extra approved program, specifically designed to improve student employability.
The Curtin Employability Award combines professional skills development with industry experience to maximise your potential for career success in a global environment. The Employability Award will help you to:
- Discover your strengths, begin planning your career path and source and decipher industry information.
- Unlock opportunities by creating your personal brand, discovering hidden jobs and developing your job application tools.
- Develop your communication skills, emotional intelligence and understanding of workplace expectations that will help you flourish in your field.
Upon completion of the program, you will have:
- Career management and professional skills to complement your qualification.
- Completed an industry experience placement.
- Experience and attributes that make you stand out to employers.
- Official recognition of your achievements via the Curtin Extra Certificate.
By spending the time to gain these extra skills and experience, you will enhance your employability and give yourself a professional edge when applying for jobs and pursuing your career pathway. Find out more by visiting the Employability Award webpage.