For students that will be returning to us in 2017, finding a job is probably the last thing on your mind right now. However, as you leave campus and head off on your break, it is important to be aware that registrations for many graduate and vacation programs will be open as early as February next year.
EY Campus Recruitment Manager for Western Australia, Pippa Winship, Talent, is in charge of recruitment for graduate and vacation programs, as well as their other university activities.
We asked her for her top tips when applying for a graduate or vacation program and she provided some below:
- Spend time researching the companies you are interested in – use the internet, talk to family or friends about their experiences
- Develop your commercial awareness – read the newspaper and watch the news
- Sign up to industry-specific mailing lists, and follow your preferred organisations on social media
- Use your careers service to help prepare your CV
- Apply early – don’t wait until the last minute
- Think about what differentiates you from other candidates and bring this out in your application
- Always proof read your application before you hit the submit button
- Be yourself in your application, interviews and assessment.
Anyone interested in joining EY or finding out more about their programs and opportunities can register for EY Talent Community so you get notified when applications open.
Vacancies at EY will also be advertised on Curtin CareerHub and on their Careers for Tomorrow company profile page as they come available.