The higher your self-awareness, the better chance you have of landing that dream job…it’s true!
If you know yourself well, you will most likely be:
- Aware of your strengths and weaknesses
- Up on the skills that employers are looking for
- Great at communicating on paper i.e. have really great job application documents
- Knowledgeable about your field
- Sure about which jobs to apply for and which ones are beyond you
- Passionate about your degree, what you are learning and how you can use it
- Suited to your chosen field i.e. have the right characteristics that employers are looking for
If you stumbled over any of those statements, perhaps it’s time to reassess?
As a first step, check out our workshop schedule on UniHub – Who Am I? is the one you want for this topic.
Find out how to tap into everything you need to do to get to where you want to go. Think about yourself.
And for more insight, try out our employability modules via Careers Illuminate - such as Who am I?, Drive your Career, Personal Brand and Get to Know My Industry or talk to one of our Careers team about decision making and career planning.