There are many job-searching websites out there. Recently we’ve been looking at a few of them. Most of them have their own unique ‘selling’ point, whether it’s the graduate-focused GradConnection or the one-stop-shop approach of Glassdoor.
This is also true of Studium, whose unique take on the job-search website is to have the companies be the ones to do the searching. Indeed, unlike virtually every job-search website out there, Studium allows students to be hired without even applying. So how does it work?
How it works
- Register with Studium. It’s free and only requires your email address.
- Create your profile. While your profile does include a resume, it’s more than just that. It can also have details about you, images and even a video – which you can use to introduce yourself and add a personal touch to it all.
- Wait. With your profile out there, it will show up when employers search for candidates using criteria that match your profile. If you fit their criteria, you’ll receive an email from them inviting you to have a chat.
Things to consider
Studium is different in a good way but there are some things you should definitely be aware of:
- One resume per profile. One resume per profile means that you won’t be able to customise it for each business or industry.
- You don’t actually apply for jobs. While that may be a positive to some people, others may find not knowing how many or how few people have viewed their profile as more challenging.
Studium is great and certainly another good resource to be aware of and great to add to your job seeker tool bag. Like with most of the job-search websites out there, it’s always best to maximise your chances and use a range of websites.