The Department of Communities brings together the services and functions of disability services, child protection and family support, housing, community initiatives and regional services reform.
With responsibility for this wide-spanning combination of services and functions, we have the opportunity to bring about true and lasting social change in the WA community.
We’re working to advance opportunities, community participation and quality of life of the people we support, with a clear focus on inclusion, building resilience and meeting individual needs. Regardless of which corner of the State someone lives, we want to be able to effectively plan and deliver services to them in a way that is individualised, accessible, complementary and integrated.
We’re a 6,000 strong workforce, located from the Kimberley in WA’s top end, down to the Great Southern, with district offices across the State. Join us and work with a group of people dedicated to creating a positive impact and better outcomes for Western Australians, including some of our most vulnerable citizens.
You can make a real difference to the WA community by pursuing a career with us.
Top Employability Skills:
- Communication skills – ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including people in the community.
- Teamwork – ability to support coworkers and contribute toward team goals.
- Initiative – ability to see opportunities for improvement and take action to implement changes
- Building and maintaining resilience
Other attributes sought in applicants:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work values and commitment to working in an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Learning and personal management skills.
- Social Work
- Social Sciences
- Urban and Regional Planning
Opportunities for Students:
- Part-time and casual employment
- Graduate employment
Contact Details for Student/Graduate Enquiries:
Contact name: Shazia Bukhary
What’s On: 14 – 18 August
It's week three, and we are celebrating with a healthy dose of self-awareness. We have not one, but two workshops on the topic this week, with 'Who Am I' for our career...
Pooling it together
At this time of year, our allied health students will be on the look out for pool positions going up on the WA government job board...but just what is pool recruitment?...
Work Ready Careers Fair Workshop Lineup
We have a series of mini workshops planned for Thursday August 6 during the Careers Fair. Take a break from networking and get insights from industry professionals....